Concerns plugins like: dai, upnext, airplay hotkeys, offline and visualizer.
- New playlist SDK function to load new playlist programmatically. Demo here.
- Video.js files included into all plans available to download by our users updated to latest version v 7.18.1
- Fixed missing CSS rule in several skins for controlbar disabled.
- Nuevo-dash new alternative plugin to play DASH-MPEG through latest Dash.js library v 4.3.0
- Unique video Id now available to set as video source parameter or nuevo option. New function to get video ID programmatically.
- New Nuevo plugin option controlbar to show/hide player's controlbar.
- Quality for HLS and DASH revisited ne more time.
- "no-touch" class to detect touch devices replaced by mouse detection function.
Some display rely on mouse support. But there are many devices that support both: touchscreen and mouse. Latest code change should distinguish (the difference) properly.
- All ES and CJS modules rebuilt to follow rules of some new coding frameworks like Next.js (9 new Next.js included).
- Quality levels for HLS and DASH streams revisited. The original quality levels code is not suitable for some advanced player setup, so it was switched to completely custom code for both: VHS and Hls.js engines.
- Offline plugin simplified, though extended to show offline image for more possible fatal scenarios.
- New option to set static initial quality for VHS or Hls.js http streaming engine.
Read more about quality levels on our BLOG.
- New option to watermark image captured from video Learn more
- Fix to the right click context menu display (skins css update)
- New Nuevo plugin option to build completely custom context menu
- New Snapshot Image feature Learn more.
- New UpNext Gold plugin Learn more.
- New option to set playlist into separate container Learn more
- Hlsjs plugin deep modification to support better video qualities and make use of latest stable Hls.js library. Demo
- New "Mockup" skin
- Big replay button for video end
- An option to set custom speed rates. Learn more
- An options to set text tracks styles programmatically Learn more.
- Small update to improve vroll video ads system.
- Custom progress bar mouse events.
- Shade poster preview for video thumbnails.
- New approach to display chapter tooltip over progressbar.
- New Apple's Airplay plugin.
- Fixes and tweaks to VR/360° plugin for iOS pseudo screen display.
- Fix to VAST plugin to avoid double Ad request.
- Offline plugin fixes and improvements/
- Completely rebuilt quality picker for HLS/DASH media streaming.
- Support for HLS alternative streaming lbrary based on hls.js, with quality picker support.
- New option to choose initial quality for HLS and DASH
- Extended Nuevo playlist SDK functions
- New option to set custom values for Rewind and Forward seek length
- Chromecast plugin updated to support full set of options for tracks display
- Spatial sound support for VR/360 plugin through Google Omnitone library
- New offline plugin when live stream is not available
- Fix to reset playback rate when video source changed
- Fully functional Nuevo components and examples for apps like React and Vue! (Gold Plan)
- Volume localStorage fix to avoid saving 0 volume for muted state.
- Added separate, independent timer for live streaming and VRoll ads (support fofr midrolls)
Read more on blog
- 2 new options added to support offline image or stream when live stream is not available.
Read more on blog
- New system for button tooltips in control bar.
- Completely rewritten and optimized Preroll|Midroll|Postroll video ads system.
- Time tooltip (showing current time when mmouse over progress bar) disabled by default now.
- VAST/VPAID plugin updated to support VMAP protocol.
- Skip broken or empty VAST ad, but follow other ads if defined through VMAP or Ads Scheduler.
- No changes to Nuevo plugin.
- Fix for HLS/DASH quality menu items to show correct kbps value for quality bitrate if necessary.
- New position for watermark logo (bottom left)
- One serious change applied to Nuevo plugin and all skins.
Now control bar menus are limited in size to maximum height of the player, including small player size like one on the mobile device in portrait mode.
The height of the menu is automatically limited and becomes scrollable vertically if its content exceeds the height of the player. This includes touch experience on mobile devices.
Such layout change assures that control bar menus remain fully functional for embeeded player through the iframe object.
- Advanced audio playback with support for playlist and chromecast
- Audio frequency visualizer for audio media files
- Google DAI (Dynamic Ad Insertion) plugin
- Chromecast support for audio casting, including audio info and cover image.
- VR/360 support for 180°, EAC and EAC_LR projections.
- VR/360 plugin fix to work with all video.js 6 and 7 versions.
- Automatic players pause on same page when one is playing.
- Hiding big play button and buffering icon when scrubbing to new time position for better visual experience.
- Live stream when paused, now reconnects after 5 seconds by default. The user can decide about timeout value.